|Name||Title|| Phone Number|
| Terry Whitley|| Benefits Specialist||252.462.2506|
| Sallie Colston|| Benefits Specialist||252.462.2533|
| Loretta Richardson||Benefits Specialist||252.462.2531|
Employee Benefits and Salary
Nash-Rocky Mount Public Schools' employees receive benefits and health insurance through the State of North Carolina. An overview of the benefits, including leave days, leaves of absence, longevity, retirement, etc. is provided through Working in North Carolina Public Schools: A Look at Employee Benefits. More detailed information is provided through the Employee Benefits Manual.
Current choice of plans:
- NCSmart Choice PPO Plans - Choice of two plan designs, all Preferred Provider Organizations (PPOs). The State Health Plan has contracted with Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina to use the Blue Options Network of preferred providers. Customer service: 1-888-234-2416
- View Video "NEW NC SMART CHOICE PPO EMPLOYEE PRESENTATION"
The State Health Plan enrollment presentation with narrator is available for download. Click here to download this year's presentation.
Permanent full-time school employees are covered by the North Carolina Teachers' and State Employees' Retirement System. Beginning August 1st, 2011 employees become vested after ten years of service.
Supplemental Retirement Benefits - NC401K
All full-time employees are eligible to participate in the state sponsored 401 (k) Plan available through payroll deduction and administered by Prudential Retirement. For additional information call 1-866-627-5267 or visit Prudential's website.
Flexible Benefits Plan
Through a partnership with Wellington Benefits, Nash-Rocky Mount Public Schools offers an optional flexible benefits plan that includes dental and vision insurance, cancer insurance, disability insurance, etc. Additional information, including forms, is available through www.ffga.com
All full-time employees receive a free $6,000 term life insurance policy through Security Mutual.
Family and Medical Leave Act
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Your EAP is a free, voluntary, and confidential assessment and referral service for employees and their family members who are experiencing personal or work related problems such as:
- Alcohol and/or Drug Abuse
- Emotional problems
- Stress management
- Marital and/or family conflict
- Compulsive gambling
- Financial difficulties
- Aging parents
- Other personal matters
All licensed staff members are paid on state adopted salary schedules based on type of license, years of experience, and degree held. Licensed employees in teaching positions receive a local salary supplement of 6%.Salary
Salaries for classified employees are based on salary schedules built within state pay grades.
- The Vacation Leave Earning Rate ranges from 1 day per month for less than 2 years of service to 2.15 days per month after 20 years of service.
- Unused vacation leave can be accumulated and after 30 days accumulation converts to sick leave.
- Teachers and school administrators earn sick leave at the rate of one day per month. It can accumulate indefinitely and upon retirement be applied toward service.
- Sick leave is granted for:
-Illness in employee's family
-Death in family
- Sick Leave may be donated to family and non-family members.
National Board Certification
Teachers who become certified by the National Board for Professional Teaching Standards receive a 12% salary increase. The state pays the assessment fee and provides three days of paid leave to prepare for certification. Renewal fee for NBCT provided by NRMPS.