Enroll or Transfer Your Child
System-wide School Registration
Registration Forms and Requirements
Registration packets are available below which contain documents that are required to enroll in Nash-Rocky Mount Public Schools:
Kindergarten Registration Information for 2014-2015 School Year
|Age||A child must be four (4) years of age on or before August 31st of the year to be enrolled for PreK|
Kindergarten students must be five (5) years of age on or before August 31st before enrolling in school.
|Immunizations||Bring a copy of the child's immunization record.|
Additional immunization information
|Physical Exam||A physical examination by a physician is required prior to initial entry into school and should be recorded on the health form. Parents have 30 days from the start of school to submit their child's health assessment signed and completed by a physician. Forms are available from your doctor's office.|
|Proof of Residence||Two proofs of residence in the form of official documents from a government, banking or leasing agency. Click here for acceptable forms of Residency Verification in English | Spanish|
|Birth Certificate||Official copy (not mother's copy) from the hospital. Official copies can be obtained from the county seat where the child was born.|
|Proof of Income (Only necessary for PreK application)||W-2 forms, payroll stubs, DSS vouchers, SSI statements and/or other income statements are required of families interested in applying for DSS Child Care and Smart Start Scholarship programs only.|
Placement for PreK classes will be determined by criteria, available space and program type determined by parent/guardian.
PreK Target Sites:
- Bailey Elementary
- Cedar Grove Elementary
- Coopers Elementary
- DS Johnson/Fairview Childhood Center
- Middlesex Elementary
- Nashville Elementary
- Swift Creek Elementary
For more information on general school registration, contact the NRMPS Helping Hand Line (and 4 year old services) at 252.985.4317
Early Kindergarten Registration
- Does my child qualify for Early Kindergarten? Click HERE for more details
- Early Registration Packer - Click HERE to download all necessary documents
Transition to Kindergarten
Kindergarten thru 8th Grade Registration
Parents should register elementary and middle school age students at one of the three designated
Student Registration and Welcome Centers.
D.S. Johnson Elementary
Englewood Elementary Fairview Elementary
Winstead Avenue Elementary
Parker Middle Rocky Mount Middle
Cedar Grove Elementary
M.B. Hubbard Elementary
Red Oak Elementary
Swift Creek Elementary
Nash Central Middle
Red Oak Middle
Spring Hope Elementary
Southern Nash Middle
Center hours: 7:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m., Appointments accepted. Click HERE for Contact Information.
For additional information, parents should contact the Central Office at 252.459.5220, one of the registration centers or firstname.lastname@example.org
9th thru 12th Grade Registration
Once the necessary documents are in hand, take all of them to the school for which you are zoned to register.
How to Transfer Your Child to Another School
Requests for student transfer(Reassignment) within Nash-Rocky Mount Public Schools
Transfer(Reassignment) - Parents seeking to enroll their child in a school other than their "zoned" school. Transfer(reassignment) requests will be considered for approval based on school board policy and available space at the school requested.
Student Transfer- Parent Request
- Complete both the request for Student Transfer (reassignment) Form-Parent (En Español ) and Athletic Waiver Request Form (if applicable) for each child.
- Once forms are entirely completed, submit both forms to the address listed on the student transfer/reassignment request form.
Student Transfer- Employee Request
- Please review the Transfer Options for Employees document, to determine the available schools(s) your child(ren) may transfer to based on your base school assignment.
- Complete both the Request for Student Transfer (Reassignment) form-Employee and the Athletic Waiver Request Form (if applicable) for each child.
- Once forms are entirely completed, submit both forms to the address listed on the student transfer/reassignment request formRequests for students who live in the district and wish to transfer to a district outside Nash-Rocky Mount Public Schools
- Complete the Request for release from Nash-Rocky Mount Public Schools form.
- Submit request by mail to:
Nash-Rocky Mount Public Schools
930 Eastern Avenue
Nashville, NC 27856
A committee will meet to review request. Transfer requests will be considered for approval based on school board policy.
Please contact Student Services at 252.462.2515 if you have any questions.