|Jane Finch||Chief Technology Officer|
|Nancy Durham ||Technology Secretary|
Technology Use in NRMPS
Technology is a tool that enables teachers and administrators to work more productively, offering solutions for instruction, time management, student monitoring and intervention. The integration of effective lesson planning and the use of technology has made Nash-Rocky Mount Schools a leader in technology across the state.
Our department serves to maintain, upgrade and install computer systems to meet the ever changing field of education. Our staff of Technicians, Engineers and Directors keeps in operation over 6,000 computer systems, 1,200 printers and countless other computer peripherals. We also continue to train our faculty and staff through the use of our Instructional Facilitators.
Our Wide Area Network delivers network and Internet access to every classroom in the system and enables us to offer e-mail accounts to all faculty and staff members.
District Technology Plan
Technology Policies, Guidelines, and Resources for Parents
Technology Board Policies
- 3225-4312-7320 Technology Acceptable Use Policy
- 3227/7322 Web Page Development
- Student Technology Acceptable Use Policy Agreement Form in English and in Spanish
- 3220 Technology in The Educational Program
- 4318 Use of Wireless Communication Devices
Fair Use Guidelines
- Fair Use Media Guidelines- Understand how fair use applies to music, text, and other media
- Video Guidelines- Important facts to know when using video in an instructional setting
Helpful Links for using social media sites
- Facebook Privacy: A Guide - Ars Technica- Take better control of your facebook privacy settings