Summer Hours June 8-July 31
Starting Monday the office hours at Hubbard Elementary will be Monday - Thursday from 10:00am- 2:00pm. Our building will be closed on Fridays.
Wishing everyone a great Summer Break!!!!
Please click the link below to complete the Parent/Guardian Remote Learning Survey and/or the Student Remote Learning Survey.
Remote learning Parent/Guardian survey- https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSecNwAQ2tydTcqxoS5Ezoj5_GB4GtS5ZNeaZeVKYTWUjs9jQQ/viewform
Elementary Student Remote Learn survey- https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfabXP5FLIHaUwfT_PY3z-KVvk3-Sjwc73a2zASb_OWhmFHHQ/viewform
Title 1 Parent survey
The link to the the Title 1 survey is below. Please take a moment to complete the survey by June 30.
We have designated May 26th through May 29th as dates parents can return textbooks, library books and student laptops to the school. Parents will also pick up student packets during this time that will include spring pictures, field trip/field day t-shirt refunds, end of year awards and your child's final academic report.
Parents will form a line using the front parking lot, items will be collected and student packets handed out by our staff members. Parents and students will need to remain in their vehicle.
Our final event for the year will be a fifth grade farewell parade on May 29 at 4 pm. More details to come.....
Thanks to all our parents for the continued support during our remote learning, that will conclude on May 22, our last day of school.
We will have Virtual End of Year Awards during our last week of school.
Our teachers will share the link through Class Dojo that you will need to join the awards program for your child's grade.
Kindergarten May 18- 10 am
First grade May 19- 12 pm
Second grade May 19- 2 pm
Third grade May 20- 12 pm
Fourth grade May 20- 2 pm
Ms. Bailey Class May 21- 2 pm
Fifth grade May 22- 10 am
Use the following link to access more information about Remote Learning in NRMPS
Please see attached School Supply List as a reminder all students will need headphones for technology devices, please send them in a plastic ziplock bag with your child's name.
We are a Uniform School:
Tops- White, Orange, Navy Blue, Royal Blue (Solid colored Golf/Polo style with color)
Bottoms- Khaki (tan), Navy Blue, Black (This includes shorts, skirts, jumpers, dresses, and skorts)
NO JEANS or denim clothing of any color
Parents, if you have any outgrown and/or gently worn student uniforms that you are willing to donate to the school, please feel free to stop by the front office and drop them at any time. Thank you for your help!!
3rd, 4th and 5th Grade Technology... Students in 3rd, 4th and 5th grade will have 1:1 Lenovos. Just like last year, students will not be allowed to take home these devices.
TAKING CARE OF YOUR DEVICE
Students are responsible for the general care of the device they have been issued by the school district. Devices that are broken or fail to work properly must be taken to the Media Center at the school of record.
- No food or drink is allowed next to your device while it is in use.
- Cords and cables must be inserted carefully into the device.
- Device must remain free of any writing, drawing, stickers, or labels that are not the property of the NRMPS.
- Device must never be left in an unlocked car or any unsupervised area.
- Students are responsible for keeping their device’s battery charged daily.
- The device should not be exposed to extreme temperatures or direct sunlight for extended periods of time.
If the assigned device isn't properly taken care of a fee of $20 per incident (this includes screens limit of 2, headphone ports etc.) will be charged for repair.
Sound, Music, Games, or Programs
- Sound must be muted at all times unless permission is obtained from the teacher for instructional purposes.
- Non-educational Internet Games are not allowed on the Devices during school hours. NO games may be installed on the Devices at any time. All applications must be district provided. Data storage space will be available on the Device – BUT it will not be backed up in case of re-imaging. A $25 re-imaging fee will be charged to clean the games off.
The Device is the property of Nash-Rocky Mount Public School District. Students may be selected at random to provide their Devices for inspection at any time during the school year. Therefore, students should not consider their computers’ contents confidential. Teachers, administrators and/or school technicians can ask to see the Device at any time.
DEVICE ACCEPTABLE USE
The use of technology resources is a privilege, not a right. This acceptable use agreement is provided to make both students and educators aware of the responsibilities associated with efficient, ethical, and lawful use of technology resources. If you violate any of the User Terms and Conditions named in this policy, privileges may be terminated and disciplinary action could be applied. Your school’s Student Code of Conduct shall be applied to student infractions. When applicable, law enforcement agencies may be involved.
NRMPS is pleased to be able to offer access to the district computers, which provide the necessary programs required, by classes and the district. They also supply the network, which provides access to electronic mail (e-mail), and the Internet. To gain access to these resources, students and parents must sign and return the Acceptable Use form before a Device will be issued. Many responsibilities are related to the use of these technologies in the educational setting.
Parent/Guardian Responsibilities and Student Responsibilities
- Review the 2018-2019 Student/Parent Device handbook and check to make sure your student(s) understand the rules and guidelines. Remind them that they will be issued the same Device each year, so it is in their best interest to take good care of the device.
- Lost or stolen Devices should be reported immediately to the media coordinator and principal. Damage, loss, or theft of the Device will be subject to fees and/or disciplinary action.
- Under no circumstances should Devices be left in unsupervised areas. Unsupervised areas include the school grounds and campus, computer labs, break areas, unlocked classrooms, bathrooms, and hallways. Any computer left in these areas is in danger of being stolen
- Unsupervised Devices will be confiscated by staff and taken to the administrative office. Disciplinary action may be taken for leaving your Device in an unsupervised location. Each student is responsible for their Device once it has been issued.
- Reimaging may be necessary if a student forgets password to the machine. Data stored on the machine may be lost at this time, so parents should insure that their students are backing up documents on a removable storage device or through an Internet storage system.
Student Activities Prohibited
- Illegal installation or transmission of copyrighted materials.
- Any attempt to “hack” into a network or program.
- Any action that violates existing Board policy or public law.
- Any action that is in violation of the NRMPS Code of Conduct.
- Any attempt to alter data, the configuration of a computer, or the files of another user, without the consent of the principal or computer technician/media center personnel will be considered an act of vandalism and subject to disciplinary procedures.
- Leaving Device unattended in unsupervised areas. Unsupervised areas include the school grounds and campus, computer labs; break areas, unlocked classrooms, bathrooms, hallways, etc. Any device left unattended in these areas is in danger of being stolen.