This Little Heart of Mine
John Joyner, a former student at WAVE and now a 3rd Grader at Englewood, initiated the "Pulling Together" Campaign at Englewood.
The campaign helps the Ronald McDonald Houses of Durham & Wake Counties and Eastern North Carolina. It is really easy to help. All you do is collect the little tabs you pull to open a soda, soup or other aluminum cans.
The funds generated from recycling these aluminum gems help offset the House's expenses. Little things can make a big difference.
John has asked W.AVE to help. The pop tab container is located in the front office.The class that collects the most tabs for the month of February will receive a "Sweet Treat".
The Scholastic Book Fair is coming to our school! You are invited to join your child and help him/her find the books he/she will enjoy reading.
Dates and Times:
February 11 – February15, 2019
Monday, Wednesday, Thursday 8:00 am to 4:00 pm;
Tuesday – 8:00 am to 6:00 pm
Friday – 8:00 am to 12:00 pm
Before you visit the Book Fair, visit our school homepage.
- Take a look at our interactive booklist flyer to see a sample of the great titles that will be available. Many parents find it helpful to make a wish list ahead of time.
- NEW digital payment option: eWallet! Now your student can shop the Fair cash-free! Visit our Book Fair homepage to learn more and to create an account:
- If you are unable to attend the Fair in person, we invite you to visit our Online Fair at com/fair. Our Online Fair is available from February 3 to February 16.
- Download the Book Fairs app to get the latest reading level information, book trailers, podcasts, and more. It’s the perfect shopping companion, and you can also use it to purchase books*: com/bookfairs/app
- If you’re interested in volunteering, visit our school’s homepage and follow the link to volunteer.
Here Comes the Bus
Always know where your child's bus is by signing up for "Here Comes the Bus"! When you sign up, you will be able to:
• View the real-time location of your bus
• Access the app from your smartphone, tablet or computer
• Receive push notifications or email alerts
WAVE is Going Global
Click these links below to learn more about our Global Initiative and about our Dual Language Immersion Program:
Dual Language Immersion
If you are interested in your child becoming a student in our Dual Language Immersion class, download and complete the interest form: Dual Language Interest Form. Return the form to our school. This class is for rising kindergartners for the 2017-18 school year. Once you have completed the form, you will be contacted by the school's principal to set up a meeting.