Good morning everyone,I wanted to share some information with everyone related to several upcoming events.
- The Nash-Rocky Mount Schools Parent Advisory Council (NRMS-PAC) is a formal way for family perspectives to be included in the Nash-Rocky Mount Public School District's decision-making process. NRMS-PAC meetings are held monthly and are invitation-only events open to the parents you selected to represent your school (you are welcome to join us as well). The remaining meetings for the 2019-20 school year are as follows:
- January 27, 6pm in the NCHS Media Center (CTE CLNA Feedback)
- February 24, 6pm in the NCHS Media Center (Topic TBD)
- March 30, 6pm in the NCHS Media Center (Topic TBD)
- April 27, 6pm in the NCHS Media Center (Topic TBD)
- Nash-Rocky Mount Schools Community Information Sessions are a formal way to tell the district story. Community information sessions are open to all stakeholder groups. The purpose is to share district information with all families in Nash-Rocky Mount Public Schools. The remaining meetings, and topics are as follows:
While we have had a solid turn out for the initial meetings, you can help us out in the following ways:
- February 10, 2020, 6pm in the Central Office Auditorium (Exceptional Children’s Programs)
- March 9, 2020, 6pm in the Central Office Auditorium (K-12 Instructional Programs)
- April 20, 2020, 6pm in the Central Office Auditorium (Basic School Funding Laws & Policies)
Thanks,ChrisChris Catalano, Ed. D.Executive Director of Communication, Planning and Engagement
- Remind your NRMS-PAC parents of the upcoming meetings. The list of parents can be accessed here if you need a reminder on who your NRMS-PAC representatives are.
- Share the attached flyers with your parents in some way (social media, website, email, Remind, Dojo, or other apps).
Gryphon Pride Announcements
Congratulations to Zahnetta Wilkins! She qualified to participate in the NCHSAA Indoor Track State Meet in Winston-Salem on 2/15.
On January 20, 2020 three students with the CTE Academy helped with after school trash pick-up for volunteer hours (1.5 hrs). Marquina Harrison, Roxanne Adlam, and Brian Adlam. Our maintenance does a great job of keeping the campus clean, we only had to pick up at the road. We collected a black trash bag more than 1/2 full of trash from the campus near the road from corner to corner. Our next clean up day will be decided soon for more hours.
Thank you CTE Academy students for your dedication to our campus. Thank you Ms Wiggins for contributing this photo.
Gryphon Pride at work.
There will be a Spring Outdoor Track and Boys’ Golf interest meeting on Wednesday, 1/29, at 2:45 in the cafeteria.