Latest Firebird News
Attention Seniors: The Herff Jones representative will be here on Tuesday, March 26th during all lunches in the Main Lobby to deliver your graduation and cap & gown orders. Please remember your balance due. Only cash or money order is accepted on delivery day!
Seniors that have not ordered their cap & gown unit must order it online at:www.highschool.herffjones.comYou also may submit a video audition by sharing it with Mr. Wheeler (firstname.lastname@example.org) by March 26th!Congratulations to Mr. Bartholomew on being selected as the 2018-2019 Teacher of the Year for Southern Nash!
Carolina Mudcats are looking to hire employees ages 16 and older to work in various departments, including tickets, stadium operations, concessions, promotions, and more! I’ve attached our Employment Application for those who are interested to fill out. They can either return them to our stadium or email them to me and I can forward them along to the appropriate department.
A detailed listing of job descriptions can be found on our website at https://www.milb.com/carolina-mudcats/team/employment___________Raleigh National College FairWHERE: Raleigh Convention Center
WHEN: Tuesday, March 19th from 4:30 pm-7:30 pm
COST: There is no charge to attend.REGISTER: www.gotomyncf.com
Registration opened online TODAY!
As always, we highly encourage early registration as Design Camp has a limited number of spaces - and they go quickly!
Financial Assistance Scholarships are available! For those who apply, we waive partial fees, on a basis of student need, motivation and merit. Information will be included in our online registration application. The deadline to apply for financial assistance scholarships is March 4. Visit our website and stay tuned for details!
For more information on Summer 2019 offerings, please visit: design.ncsu.edu/
The Martha Guy Summer Institute for Future Business Leaders (MGSI) will be accepting applications for 2019 program participants through February 28, 2019. We look forward to seeing applications from your high school.
As a reminder, here are some key points about the program:
Unique aspects of MGSI
- Unlike most summer opportunities, MGSI combines a residential experience with out of state travel. The program concludes with a week of travel to various business and cultural sites, including visiting New York City.
- Each MGSI class is small. Twenty-four students are selected. The group size provides a much more intimate, personal experience for each participant.
- It is quite affordable considering the extensive travel, excursions and activities; tuition is $1,900 plus a meal plan of $350.
Need-based scholarships are available to qualified applicants to defray tuition costs.
Which students are well suited for MGSI?
- We are seeking students who have a sincere interest in business as a college majorand demonstrate leadership potential. Some candidates have an entrepreneurial spirit, or have unique or extensive part-time work experience. Also consider your most competitive students among under-represented groups and populations. Interested students should demonstrate academic achievement.
- Students who embrace and appreciate new people, opportunities and experiences are ideal for MGSI. They should also be well-prepared to be away from home and able to manage a demanding schedule.
- Application deadline is February 28th2019
Nash Community College will be offering ACT/SAT test prep classes Click Here for dates and more information.
Yearbooks are on sale for $55 on yearbookordercenter.com with the code 10298.