What is a Maintenance Work Order?
Brenda Battle, manages all work orders for anything that requires repairs to existing facilities or equipment. Nash-Rocky Mount Schools uses a web based software called Schooldude-Maintenance Direct. Each school has an onsite designee known as a Requester that will enter work orders and track them through Maintenance Direct. Using Maintenance Direct gives a Requestor the ability to do the following:
- Select from a list of predefined Crafts that track and report on the general types of work that the maintenance department is doing. (Examples: carpentry, electrical, plumbing, pest control, HVAC, etc). All telephone malfunctions should be sent to Technology Department.
- Manage the work order process from request to completion for building maintenance and grounds related work.
- Check the status of submitted requests and automatically sends an email when requests are completed.
Entering A Work Order In Schooldude - Do's & Don't
When entering a work order in Schooldude it is very important to have only one craft per work order and have a detailed description of work order (Example: clogged sink in room number 500).
Do Not Submit Work Orders for the following:
- Grass mowing and roundup spraying work orders do not need to be submitted. These are initiated at the beginning of the season by Maintenance.
- Landscaping and pruning will take place after the mowing season.
- If your request is an emergency (Example: broken window security alarms, fire alarms, securing building at the end of day), please contact us at the School Maintenance office immediately and follow-up with a work order.
To learn more, click to view the Requester Tutorial Video or if you have any questions about a previous submitted work order, please give Brenda Battle a call at 451-8505 or 14509.