To promote school safety and enhance the learning environment, Nash Rocky Mount Schools has adopted a uniform dress code. The dress code requirements for Rocky Mount Middle School consist of:
- Shirts for all students will be collared polo-styled or button down shirts with long or short sleeves in navy blue, white, or gray. No more than the top 2 buttons can be opened. All others must be buttoned.
- Shirts must be a solid color.
- Shirts must be tucked in at all times except during PE classes.
- Students may wear shirts of school colors (navy, white, or gray) under the polo-style shirt during the fall and winter months.
- Rocky Mount Middle sponsored shirts may be worn in lieu of the polo-styled uniform shirt.
- May only contain two logo/branding no larger than a shirt pocket (4 in x 4 in).
- Pants, shorts, skirts, capris must be black, navy blue, or khaki.
- Pants/shorts/skirts will be worn at the waist. No sagging pants, no inside-out clothing, backwards clothing, or rolled up pant legs are allowed. Belts must be buckled and worn at the waistline.
- Shorts must be knee length and slits in skirts must be no higher than the knee.
- Jeans, low-riders, leggings, tights, yoga pants, jogging pants, or any type of denim are not allowed.
- All outerwear must be of appropriate size and color: navy, white or gray.
- All outerwear must be a solid color.
- May only contain one logo/branding no larger than a shirt pocket (4 in x 4 in).
- Rocky Mount Middle sponsored outerwear may be worn.
- Heavy coats may not be worn in the classrooms during school hours
- If outerwear does not meet the dress code requirements, it must be removed and stored in an appropriate location.
Students not complying with this uniform policy will be subject to disciplinary procedures.
Dress Code Violation
Verbal Warning & Call for a change of clothes
Written Warning & Call for a change of clothes