To promote school safety and enhance the learning environment, Nash Rocky Mount Schools has adopted a uniform dress code. The dress code requirements for Rocky Mount Middle School consist of:
- Shirts for all students will be collared polo-styled or button down shirts with long or short sleeves in navy blue, black, gray, or white. No more than the top 2 buttons can be opened. All others must be buttoned.
- Shirts must be a solid color.
- Shirts must be tucked in at all times except during PE classes.
- Students may wear shirts of school colors (navy, white, or gray) under the polo-style shirt during the fall and winter months.
- Rocky Mount Middle sponsored shirts may be worn in lieu of the polo-styled uniform shirt.
- May only contain two logo/branding no larger than a shirt pocket (4 in x 4 in).
- Pants, shorts, skirts, capris must be black, navy blue, or khaki.
- Pants/shorts/skirts will be worn at the waist. No sagging pants, no inside-out clothing, backwards clothing, or rolled up pant legs are allowed. Belts must be buckled and worn at the waistline.
- Shorts must be knee length and slits in skirts must be no higher than the knee.
- Jeans, low-riders, leggings, tights, yoga pants, jogging pants, or any type of denim are not allowed.
Students not complying with this uniform policy will be subject to disciplinary procedures.
Dress Code Violation
Verbal Warning & Call for a change of clothes
Written Warning & Call for a change of clothes